About ECA CVB
Board Meeting Schedule
Make sure you know what these groups and attractions have going on in Elizabeth City every month. See more...
Now you don’t have to search for the latest; with our convenient email notification, it comes to you. Sign up now!
Discover EC Advertising and Marketing 2010-2011 Co-Op Campaign.
Online “Map It—and GO!” Feature Highlights “Discover EC” Advertising and Marketing Co-op Campaign for 2010-11
Readers of Our State, Metro Raleigh, and Hampton Roads magazines will find a host of great reasons to visit the “Harbor of Hospitality®” this fall when they turn to the September issues. Beginning this month, the Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (ECACVB) launches its 2010-11 “Discover EC” advertising and marketing co-op campaign with a series of special half-page advertising placements, rack card distribution and website banner ads that link to a new interactive Map It—and GO! page featuring co-op businesses.
The “Discover EC” co-op program dates to 2008, when the visitors bureau began the marketing initiative as a way to increase advertising exposure for the Elizabeth City area. This year, 21 co-op members, representing area attractions, retail shops, restaurants, businesses and hoteliers, are participating in the program. The ECACVB matched $700 for each member’s $700 investment.
Targeting potential visitors within a two-hour drive or less from Elizabeth City, the paid media campaign focuses on the Hampton Roads (VA) region; Raleigh area; as well as travelers driving to and from the Outer Banks. Advertisements feature co-op members in a mix of media that includes:
- Half-page print and online banner ads in selected spring and fall issues of Our State, Metro Raleigh, and Hampton Roads magazines.
- Fall and spring rack cards, distributed to welcome centers throughout North Carolina.
- A new interactive, Map It—and GO! web page, featuring co-op business at www.DiscoverElizabethCity.com.
A new feature, the Map It–and GO page shows the co-op sites on an interactive map that features a mini version of the member’s co-op ad, contact information, directions and a web link. Maps may be seen as satellite, regional or street maps.
2010-2011 Discover EC Co-Op Members
- Map It–and GO
- Co-Op Ads
• Our State: Arts of the Albemarle, Elizabeth City State University - Athletic Department, Elizabeth City Downtown Business & Professional Assoc., Elizabeth City Historic Neighborhood Assoc.'s Elizabeth City Ghost Walk
• Hampton Roads: Albemarle Craftsman’s Fair, Elizabeth City Historic Neighborhood Assoc.'s Elizabeth City Ghost Walk, Elizabeth City Downtown Business & Professional Assoc., Elizabeth City State University - Athletic Department
• Metro Raleigh: Arts of the Albemarle, Century Link, Culpepper Inn, Port Discover
• Our State: Albemarle Craftsman’s Fair, Dismal Swamp Welcome Center, Arts of the Albemarle, Selig's
• Metro Raleigh: Dismal Swamp Welcome Center, Camden County TDA, Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, Arts of the Albemarle
• Hampton Roads: Grouper's Waterfront Restaurant, Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce's Business Expo, Muddy Waters Coffeehouse
• Our State: The Pines at Elizabeth City, Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, Culpepper Inn Bed & Breakfast, Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce's Business Expo
- Co-Op Rack Cards
• Fall Rack Card
- Co-Op Press Releases
• Make Elizabeth City Your Haunt for Fun, Fall Events
• Online “Map It—and GO!” Feature Highlights “Discover EC” Advertising and Marketing Co-op Campaign for 2010-11
What is the Discover EC Co-Op?
The Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (ECACVB) Discover EC Advertising and Marketing Co-Op Program, is designed to increase advertising exposure for the region and for individual participants by matching each member’s advertising budget through a cooperative advertising program that focuses on:
- Increasing travel to the region
- Generating revenues through occupancy taxes
- Improving the economy through retail sales and increased tourist spending
- Promoting regional cooperation
Who can participate?
Members must be involved in a legitimate business or industry and represent legal, wholesome activities appropriate for families and tourists in keeping with the image of the Elizabeth City area.
What is the investment?
Each member must invest $700 to be included in the annual campaign.
How much does ECACVB co-op?
ECACVB matches each member’s investment with $700 for a total individual member budget of $1,400.
What does each member receive?
- $1,400 media budget per member
- Co-Op factor also doubles media exposure
- Volume discounts
- Better placement
- Professional production
- Inclusion in professional public relations
What media is planned?
- Our State Magazine
- Your choice of Hampton Roads Magazine or Metro Raleigh Magazine
- Fall and Spring Rack Cards
When is the registration deadline?
Your organization/business needs to sign-up by June 7, 2010
What is the payment schedule?
- ECACVB invoices all members $350 in June
- Pay $350 by July 15, 2010
- ECACVB invoices all members $350 in December
- Pay $350 by January 15, 2011
What are the dates of the annual campaign?
July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2011
Can I fax a filled out application? If so, what
is your fax number?
Yes. Our fax number is 252-335-1733.
Photo Credit: Lower stamp in header, photo appear courtesy of ECSU/University Relations & Marketing.